I initially picked out 3 players which I thought were overpriced. For £2 or £3 stakes, I backed them and asked for odds a little lower. I managed to get all 3 of my bets matched quite easily which was pleasing.
I then got a little greedy and tried the same trick with another 5 players with £3 or £5 stakes!
Not surprisingly, I struggled to get all of them matched and I’m left with an exposure of £11 going into the tournament tomorrow.
Below are the returns that I have generated for each player:
As the tournament progresses, I will look to reduce my exposure if possible. Obviously, I’m hoping that one of the 3 players with the high returns gets off to a decent start and I can lay him off quite quickly.
As I’ve said previously, I don’t expect to get rich by following this sort of strategy but this is meant to be an experiment after all, so I’m happy to look around at different strategies and give them a try for small stakes…….