Sunday 4 May 2008

So close yet so far (again!)......

Daily Profit £39.80

I analysed 5 races last night and overall, I probably spent 2 hours on the analysis and I was watching the racing from 2.00pm today to 5.00pm although I usually watch racing when I'm in anyway, so nothing wasted there.

So, a £40 profit for 2 hours would maybe be good in some people's books.....

But, I'm really annoyed again! I know this is becoming a bit of a common theme but it is so annoying when you read races correctly but don't maximise profits.

I selected the winner in 4 of the 5 races on my shortlist of 4 horses for each race. These were large field handicaps, so this was quite good. Nearly all of the horses were well backed pre-race and this resulted in me having some really large riskfree bets (2 at £200+) but it was so frustrating when they ran below par and I didn't make much or anything in running from them.

Overall, I was riskfree at the off in every race and a £40 profit is OK but it could and should have been much, much more.

At the end of last week, I started to analyse some of my recent Betfair results since I changed my strategy from trading to riskfree gambling. Amazingly, I haven't had a daily loss for 30 days and in this time, I have only suffered 4 losses in any particular race.

I was astounded by the results if I'm being honest and can't really believe how well I have been doing. The fact I've only lost on a few races was missed by me as I tend to not look at individual race results when I'm looking at my Betfair profit every time after I gamble. I have gambled on around 80 races in this time, so that's only 4 races I've lost on out of 80 which again, amazes me.

I feel I am due a bit of luck though and I do feel a big win is around the corner hopefully. The thing with riskfree gambling is that you are likely to win either small amounts or large amounts. I appear to be on a bit of a bad run where I'm not picking many winners but I'm still picking horses who are running well and being backed pre-race, so I'm not likely to lose a penny on these horses as I'm getting easy riskfree bets and laying off in running in most cases for smallish profits.

I hope everyone else had a better day than me!

I'm surprised that more of the blog readers have not joined our horse-racing discussion site. There are a few bloggers on there but not as much as I hoped. I think some people are maybe put off by the first screen as it appears we only have a few discussion threads but once you join, you gain access to all the other threads where we discuss races and other horse-racing related themes.... The site is http://handicaps.caramboo.com/

No comments: