Friday 27 June 2008

Unexpected bonus and it's as easy as ABC!

Daily Profit £64.32

Friday afternoons in the office after 4.30pm are usually a bit of a write-off for me as my mind wanders onto Saturday's racing!

Today, Andrew dropped me a note to see if I fancied any to trade for this afternoon. I'd have to trade on my Mobile though, so I needed to be sure they would run well or shorten pre-race.

I had a quick look at 3 races.

4.35 - I fancied Averoo. Horse was heavily backed pre-race giving me £57 riskfree bet for a £20 stake and the horse bolted in. Nice start!

4.45 - I fancied Icannshift. I put £10 on at 19, laid £10 off at 14 and the horse traded at below 3 in running before finishing 3rd. I didn't leave a low lay!

5.15 - I was really sweet on Shabahar. It went on a massive drift with 15 minutes to race time. I put £100 on at 8.4 and laid £100 at 7.2. Easy.

It then drifted to 11.5 before the off. I put another £20 on at 11.5 and laid of at 9.

I had £200 riskfree on it to win. The horse was very, very unlucky and finished 4th after not getting a run in the last 2f. I made £7 in running by leaving a large lay at 5.2 and I got partly matched.
Overall, 3 races, 3 riskfree bets and 3 horses that ran really well. Easy as ABC.....

To meet my target of of setting a new monthly P&L record, I'll only need to aim for £50 of profit tomorrow! Bring it on....

3 comments:

Alistair Hamilton said...

Well done again Graeme.

You certainly make it look as easy as ABC. I just love your trading style with what, on the face of it, appears to be such a leisurely way of going about it. I know this isn't the case and you put the work in behind the scenes as it were. Still, it must be better than sitting in front of a PC for 6 hours.

Alistair

Graeme Dand said...

Hi Ali.

Cheers for the comment. I see you had a good day yesterday with a £50 profit, so well done.

I actually thought about your comment yesterday when I did that great trade in the first race today. I made £49 on the race and had a large riskfree bet on my horse and I thought to myself, this is as easy as ABC!

No idea how long it took you to win the £50 profit but I did it in 5 minutes with no graphs, no form study and just a gut feeling the horse was too big a price. I was right!

I should have stopped there though as I wasted an hour playing around after that!

I'm starting to fall in love with my trading strategy too!

Graeme

P.S. my comment about the time is tongue in cheek mate! If it was as easy as this in every race, I'd be much better off than I currently am!

Alistair Hamilton said...

Hi Graeme,

I realised the 'time' comment was in jest, but there's an element of truth in it. It took me 3-4 hours to amass £50 on Friday trading the pre-race place markets with liabilities of £100-£120 a time.

The difference between us, and why I admire (and envy) your style of trading is that I don't know the front end of a horse from the back. You make excellent use of knowledge that I simply do not have, and unlikely ever to do so.

So, keep falling in love with your strategy. It works beautifully.

Alistair