Saturday 15 March 2008

Cheltenham Day 3 - A profit at last!

Daily Profit £21.78

After 2 luckless days at Cheltenham, I made the decision to decrease my stakes slightly and just play for fun. I decided against doing a placepot as it didn't appear suited to my style and it was ultimately the correct decision as it was quite an easy placepot to win and I would have lost!

The only race I won on today was the Gold Cup as I traded on Denman before the race. In total, I did 20 £50 trades for 1 tick and then laid part of the riskfree return off on Kauto Star. Ended up with a £33 return on Denman which was nice.

I had £10 win on Kicks for Free in the Coral cup for a return of £140 but it just got touched off in a photo. I traded out for a riskfree bet in running though, so not a disaster but could have been much nicer with a £100 profit on that race alone!

Overall, I've quite enjoyed this week at Cheltenham but I'm really looking forward to getting back to trading next week.

My next trading day will be Tuesday as I'm away on business on Monday for my work. I'm attending the football tomorrow and this could be the game that decides the promotion battle, so should be fun!

My golf is going great and I've traded out of the Woods lay bet already. I'm green on everyone (exc Woods) for around £45 at the moment but I can hopefully improve on that as the weekend progresses. I've a £5 return on Woods also, so going to be a profitable weekend whatever happens!

Good luck for the weekend!

No comments: