Tuesday 22 April 2008

2 winners from 4 races

Daily Profit £38.28

I wasn't planning on having a bet today as I was going to study the racing for tomorrow but I decided to spend 10 minutes on each of the 4 year old handicaps at Pontefract on the advice of Andrew.

I got off to a great start in the first race (3.10) when I backed 3 and picked the 1st and 2nd. This profit could have been much better but I didn't get my lay matched at 1.4 on the horse which got beat in a photo finish. This was slightly unlucky but the front two finished fast and the 2nd was always being held by the eventual winner, so I can't complain.

I've no complaints in the long distance race at Pontefract (3.40) as I wouldn't have backed the winner with bad money, so I suffered a loss in this race.

The next race was really annoying (4.40). The winner appeared on my shortlist but my chin hit the deck when I opened up Betfair and saw it trading at 5. I seriously thought about laying it for £100 stake but I decided against it. The horse went off at 9.2 on Betfair and I was correct it was the wrong price. However, I was also correct in the sense it went on to win the race, so I was slightly annoyed with myself for not laying it and then backing it for a riskfree bet! I suffered a tiny loss in this race as I couldn't get out of one of my attempted riskfree bets.

Anyway, that brought me on to the last race. I backed 3 in the race for small stakes as I wasn't confident and managed to get the 1st and 2nd again although I was sweating a bit with 1f left as a well backed outsider who hadn't run for 2 years was in the lead! It got swallowed up close home though.

Overall, a nice tidy profit for 40 minutes form study and little risk. I've done a little bit of form study for tomorrow's racing this afternoon, so that should stand me in good stead I hope. I'll be more inclined to increase my stakes tomorrow and bet more if I spend a little more than 10 minutes on the races but I'm conscious that I don't want to spend too long on each race.

No comments: