Friday 11 April 2008

Nice start to the Masters......

I didn't think that a £1 bet could be so much fun but it was money well spent on the market for the 1st round leader!

Trevor Immelman somehow managed to miss 2 birdie chances in the final 3 holes to take the outright lead but I left a lay in yesterday on all my players in case any had a chance. It was nice to log into Betfair 2 minutes ago and see that I was all green! At the moment, he is tied for 1st with 2 others, so the £25 (less commission!) may be even better.













I'll post up my final P&L once the tournemant is over as I've got lots of players in with an outside chance at the moment of doing well in the tournament.

4 comments:

Alistair Hamilton said...

Nice one Graeme. Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

Alistair

Anonymous said...

Good start Mr D.

A few players up there, most notably Mr JM Singh - £3K coming your way!

Anonymous said...

Doh - last comment was me!

GC

Graeme Dand said...

Thanks for the comment Alistair.

GC, my best bet for the golf was J.M. Singh to make cut at 1.9. Immelman to make cut at 2 was also a steal but I could only get £2 on this, so not going to make me rich!

Everyone within 10 shots of leader makes cut at The Masters, so I'd be annoyed if Singh missed the cut now!

I think R. Sterne may do ok today and I've backed him at 1000 this morning again. He was +4 after a shocking front 9 yesterday but he birdied 3 of the last 4 to get to +1 at the end. If he can continue where he left off yesterday, that 1000 will look mighty big!

Speak later.

Mr D