Thursday 7 August 2008

Consolation Race!

Just to be fair to everyone who has been reading the blog over the past day or so and after all the banter in the comments section, Andrew has just found this on the ATR stable tour:

GOLDEN PROSPECT
4 b g Lujain - Petronellajill.
Hasn't won in six starts since beating Kensington three quarters of a length over seven furlongs at Wolverhampton in February off 69. Has been to 74 and had run ok last two starts, latest when fourth of ten to El Dececy over a mile at Nottingham July 5. now 66 - lowest mark since winning at Thirsk in May 2007 (64).
"Hasn't helped himself by being slowly away but is on a decent mark now and we've done a lot of work on him. In good order but he's going to miss all engagements until the Brighton Summer Mile during the first week of August."

I was slightly worried about why the horse hadn’t run for over a month. Basically, it appears the stable knows exactly how well handicapped the horse is and they were aiming it at the £20k+ race at Brighton yesterday.

Unfortunately, it was too well handicapped and it missed the cut for the race as the maximum field of 16 ran in the race!

Tonight’s much easier race appears to be the consolation race………..

Let’s hope the rain stays off at Sandown for us!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Graeme,

I'm convinced. Where do I sign up! lol

I can't imagine anyone who's read the recent posts and comments won't think this will run well.

As the other guy said, it's been pissing down here all day, so I'm not sure you'll get the firm ground.

Whatever happens, I know I'll be getting a horse I know is trying to win. That's half the battle.

Steve

Anonymous said...

That's it I'm on aswell, taken the 10's e/w, my USPGA book is looking healthy so should be OK win, lose or draw.

Nick

ps the sun's shining!!!!

Graeme Dand said...

Good luck guys. At the moment, horse looks very weak on BF.

Hoping ground isn't too bad. If it goes on the ground, I can't see it not being in first 3 if it runs to form.

G

Anonymous said...

Hi Graeme,

We probably should have paid attention to the ground but I suppose that's easy in hindsight, shame as it got the run of the race. Next time on firm ground.....

Nick

Graeme Dand said...

Cheers Nick.

I've taken a bit of stick on the other post and I'm replying to a few comments now!

As you say, hindsight is easy and yeah, we should have probably passed it over this time.

My mate here actually left a low IR lay since I said it couldn't win on soft, so he's the only one who's happy!

Sums up that race for us!

Next time...

G